PALO ALTO, Calif. – April 2, 2014 –Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, today announced the general availability of Cloudera Enterprise 5, the latest release of Cloudera’s market-leading Hadoop platform that sits at the core of an enterprise data hub. Together with the broadest and deepest technology partner ecosystem in big data, Cloudera helps customers gain more value from all their data without traditional limits. Cloudera Enterprise 5 delivers the most secure, managed, governed and open data management platform for customers. It offers a powerful alternative for data management for storing, accessing and analyzing any amount and kind of data in one centralized repository.
“At Cloudera we fully realize what it means to be the foundation of an enterprise data hub,” said Charles Zedlewski, vice president, Products, Cloudera. “Our next generation platform has all of the key attributes necessary for customers to make data the true focal point of any business – it delivers on security, management and governance while sustaining our commitment to portability and openness.”
An enterprise data hub dramatically changes the conversation on data from data center cost to business opportunity. Many enterprises today are limited in their ability to use data – their most valuable business asset - because of their ability to store any amount or type of data. Layer in analytics and the cost of storage can soar. Big data analytics requires companies to scope their infrastructure for native compute to run massively distributed jobs. An enterprise data hub complements existing storage infrastructure strategies and empowers customers with a choice for when, how and where they deploy data and analytic infrastructure by making it easy to bring customers’ workloads to the data.
“There is a lot of net new data that hasn’t been touched before – mobile, click, social – that doesn’t have a home today. A lot of it gets dropped because people don’t know what that data is going to be good for and its too costly to store in existing infrastructure. With an enterprise data hub, customers don’t have to know today whether to keep it or not. An enterprise data hub changes the economics of data,” continued Zedlewski.
Cloudera Enterprise 5 Enhances the Enterprise Data Hub
With Hadoop at its core, Cloudera Enterprise 5 enables an enterprise data hub by making it economically viable and technically feasible for enterprises to keep all their data in a single, centralized platform, from which they can store, process and analyze data in full fidelity, for a variety of enterprise workloads.
Cloudera Enterprise 5 delivers tight integration with existing enterprise data management systems including key attributes to deliver robust security, governance, and data protection and management that enterprises require.
- Robust Security – Customers can put all their data in one place, for as long as it’s needed with the confidence that it’s going to be completely secure, encrypted at every level – from the cluster to individual byte - and wrapped in a common security infrastructure. Cloudera Enterprise 5 includes centrally deployed security with Cloudera Manager and Cloudera Navigator to verify authentication and third party extensions that plug in security.
- Comprehensive Data Management – Cloudera’s next generation platform is about enabling a complex system to be simple. With the inclusion of YARN for managing multiple resources, Cloudera Enterprise 5 makes the management of a Hadoop-based enterprise data hub easy for customers to use, navigate and manage.
- Corporate Governance – Controls for governance and compliance across data are central to a company’s business. As companies take in more data and expose that data to more users there is greater risk. Cloudera Enterprise 5 has built in controls for audit and quality and can furnish reports relative to user access to data – where they have come from and been moved to.
- The Most Open Platform – Cloudera supports open source for the customer where it matters. Cloudera Enterprise 5 is no exception and supports the latest open source innovations including Hadoop 2 with YARN. Furthermore, with APIs and SDKs, NFS support and the largest partner ecosystem, Cloudera Enterprise is fully integrated and engineered to work with existing technology infrastructure.
“Analytic platforms are assuming multiple personalities,” said Tony Baer, principal analyst, Ovum. “Cloudera Enterprise 5 is clearly in line with this trend as it supports a wide range of analytic styles venturing well beyond MapReduce to interactive SQL, search, and in-memory computing. Cloudera Enterprise 5 is also extending Hadoop’s footprint with regard to security, data management, and governance. For instance, the new data lineage capabilities are the first building blocks that could eventually lead to a fully audited experience.”
Big data matters in every vertical market today. Large enterprises are adopting the Apache Hadoop platform for catching and storing all kinds of data and increasingly to work with it in more ways – not only for data processing, data warehouse offload and active archive, but now for self-service BI and advanced analytics.
Cloudera Enterprise 5 runs anywhere, whether on premises, in the cloud, or as a managed/hosted service. Applications run on Cloudera Enterprise 5 just like they would on any database, search engine or natively in their enterprise including MicroStrategy, QlikView, Tableau and Zoomdata. Examples of services include Informatica, Pentaho, Revolution Analytics, SAS and Syncsort.
- To learn more about Cloudera Enterprise 5, training and support services, or to request a price quote, visit:http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/products-and-services.html
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.