Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera Enterprise; Optimized Specifically for Big Data Environments to Meet Varying Workload Demands
PALO ALTO, Calif., – July 09, 2015 – Responding to the growing need to deliver more data to the right people at the right time, Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, and Teradata, (NYSC: TDC) the big data analytics and marketing applications company, today announced the Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera—the enterprise-ready Hadoop distribution.
Hadoop continues to mature into a transformational business platform for the enterprise. It provides a cost effective, massively scalable environment for storing, refining, modeling, exploring and analyzing large data sets of varying format, and yet customers struggle with the complexity of integrating Hadoop with other strategic components of their ecosystem. In order for enterprises to capture and analyze new data in unprecedented ways, organizations must be able to orchestrate workloads in such a way as to realize the right set of capabilities and economics for the right job with ease.
“Across lines of business, users need seamless, self-service data access. They’re dealing with varying Hadoop workloads that are time sensitive and data intensive to push the boundaries of new discoveries and solve complex problems. To accomplish that, technology must complement and extend existing investments,” said Tom Reilly, chief executive officer of Cloudera. “By integrating Cloudera Enterprise on Teradata’s appliance, we accelerate the time to value and reduce the total cost of ownership for our joint customers. Our engineering partnership also gives us a streamlined mechanism to install and upgrade the latest open source innovations and engineer that right into the hands of our customers.”
“Increasingly, customers are seeking opportunities to maximize their time to value and achieve faster insights from their big data infrastructure,” said Ron Kasabian, vice president, Data Center Group and general manager, Big Data Solutions at Intel Corporation. “By integrating with Cloudera Enterprise and utilizing Intel® technology which brings benefits such as encryption for data-at-rest, the Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera not only enables enterprises to achieve these objectives faster, but also allows them to implement a broader set of use cases for Hadoop in the enterprise.”
The Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera enables customers to take full advantage of Teradata’s flexible configuration with the industry’s most compliant-ready, secure, and enterprise grade Hadoop distribution on the market -- Cloudera Enterprise.
The Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera offers the following benefits:
Seamless Self-Service Data Access
- Cloudera and Teradata provide a set of robust software technologies to integrate data among Cloudera Enterprise, Teradata, and Teradata Aster Discovery Platform, creating a self-service data platform with seamless access to all data.
Enterprise Security and Governance
- Cloudera Enterprise provides multiple layers of security and governance that are built to maintain the business agility and flexibility that Hadoop provides, while providing the security necessary to meet stringent security regulations and requirements.
- Compliance-ready at the core, Cloudera Enterprise is the only distribution that is fully PCI-certified.
Industry-Leading Management and Support
- Cloudera Manager features a best-in-class holistic interface that provides end-to-end system management and zero-downtime rolling upgrades. Combining the power of Cloudera Manager with Teradata Viewpoint and Teradata Vital Infrastructure, Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera provides intuitive tools for centralized management with powerful capabilities, even as the system scales.
Built on Open Standards
- An open source platform built on open standards ensures easy integration with existing systems.
- Cloudera is the leading open source contributor, having added more major, enterprise-ready features to the Hadoop ecosystem; not just the core.
Powered by Intel® Technology
- Cloudera Enterprise and the latest Intel® Xeon® processor with embedded Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) offer improvements to encryption off-load performance to enable more robust protection of critical enterprise data.
- Intel and Teradata have collaborated for more than 35 years to deliver new levels of analytics performance, scalability and efficiency to the enterprise.
“We’re putting power and flexibility directly into the hands of our customers with the launch of this new configurable appliance,” said Hermann Wimmer, Co-president of Teradata. “Whether it’s more capacity, improved performance or the need to better balance workload requirements, our customers will be able to address their unique requirements in order to perform advanced analytics—and now within days of putting Hadoop into their production environment. With the addition of Cloudera Enterprise we’re delivering seamless, self-service data access to anyone that requires the additional security and compliance requirements provided through Cloudera.”
The new Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera is backed by recognized world-class Teradata technical support, available 24X7 globally.
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
About Cloudera: https://www.cloudera.com/about.html
Read our blog: https://blog.cloudera.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: https://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.